Garlic Salmon over Spinach
4 4-oz salmon filets
2 Tbsps butter
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsps lemon pepper seasoning
6 oz fresh spinach
Preparation1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in 4 cloves of minced garlic.
3. Sprinkle salmon filets on both sides with lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Place the salmon in the pan and cook on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side, until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, steam fresh spinach for approximately 4 minutes or until tender.
6. Toss spinach with remaining 2 cloves of minced garlic.
7. Serve the salmon filets over the spinach.
Brain-healthy foods in this recipe:Salmon is chock-full of DHA, the omega-3 fatty acid with the most evidence for brain benefits. Almost any salmon is a good choice for the brain, not just because of high good-for-you DHA levels but also because of relatively low levels of bad-for-you mercury. Wild salmon is probably a better choice than farmed salmon, due to lower levels of PCBs. Spinach and garlic may add to the brain benefits of this recipe!
Recipe by Kristen Doyle